Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Mechanical Installer|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Assemble, install and test hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, stabilizer and new and used oil systems in luxury yacht production.
Essential Job Functions
• Install major system components in the boat per design specifications.
• Connect system components using appropriate fittings, piping, tubing and hose.
• Secure systems to boat structure using a variety of fasteners and adhesive products.
• Test systems for freedom from leaks and proper operation.
• Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
• Use a wide variety of hand and power tools such as saws, wrenches, grinders, drills, levels, squares etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat, respirator, fall protection, and or hearing protection may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• Help in various departments as assigned.
• Shop math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Ability to retain and utilize knowledge, methods, and techniques taught that are unique to our facilities/processes.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Previous experience and/or formal training with hydraulic, fuel, exhaust and oil systems installation and/or repair.
• Ability to read blueprints
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.