Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Produce and assemble wooden parts to specified tolerances for high end yacht interiors.
Essential Job Functions
• Sort and grade lumber by species, quality and color.
• Cut and shape lumber to specifications.
• Assemble parts using various clamping systems and appropriate adhesives.
• Sand parts to achieve desired finish for further production.
• Use tape measure, calipers, and other measuring devices.
• Wear appropriate PPE including hearing and eye protection, etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, squeezing, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, and kneeling.
Additional Job Functions
• Maintain clean work area.
• Follow all Westport policies and safety rules.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Excellent knowledge of basic hand tools.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Previous molder and shaper experience.
• Cabinetry making skills.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.