Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Install and test all piping systems, plumbing fixtures, and HVAC and refrigeration systems in the boat.
Essential Job Functions
• Measure, cut, form, fit and connect metal and plastic pipe, test for leaks and insulate as required.
• Install and check operation of a variety of plumbing fixtures such as toilets, sinks, bathtubs, etc.
• Install HVAC systems including ductwork.
• Use a wide variety of hand and power tools such as saws, wrenches, grinders, drills, levels, squares etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• Help in various departments as assigned.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Ability to retain and utilize knowledge, methods, and techniques taught that are unique to our facilities/processes.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior plumbing experience and/or training.
• Ability to read blueprints.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.