Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Prepare and use resin saturated fiberglass panels and molds for further assembly.
Essential Job Functions
• Measure and cut materials to the required dimensions using hand and/or power tools.
• Mix resin and catalyst in proper proportions and apply by hand or with spray gun.
• Clean, wax and prepare molds for use.
• Grind fiberglass to required finish.
• Paint finished surfaces with Gelcoat and/or paint.
• Perform rough carpentry tasks on fiberglass and structural components.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing reaching above shoulder level, and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• Assist in other departments as assigned.
• Assist with jobs such as breaking wax, spraying and applying primers, paint and gel-coat.
• Mask, tape off and protect surfaces with paper, drop cloths and plastic.
• Work from lifts and scaffolding at protected heights up to 51 feet.
• Use marine adhesion products, caulking materials and solvents.
• Fit and install fiberglass components in boat.
• Use bridge crane, chain hoist and other overhead lifting devices.
• Use techniques such as hand sanding, sanding blocks, longboarding, orbital sanders and other techniques to prepare surfaces for priming and painting.
• Candidates for this job may be asked to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
• Requires the ability to accurately read a tape measure and a scale.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prefer 1 to 3 years experience doing like duties in similar environment.
Prior work experience in Lamination; or
• Prior work experience with fiberglass, resins and catalysts.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.