Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Truck Driver|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Transport materials in the support of production between facilities using vehicles that require CDL.
Essential Job Functions
• Transport and deliver large and small parts using box truck, flatbed truck with trailer, and other Westport vehicles.
• Will assist in loading and unloading various items, making sure load is safe and secure for transport.
• May be required to load and unload various materials using an electric high lift, pallet jack, fork lift and or a hand truck.
• Will confirm item counts and descriptions are correct on pack slips, and will insure the safe load and unload of items at appropriate manufacturing facilities.
• Will assist in completing other Material Handling tasks, as requested by Supervisor, when not driving, including but not limited to re-stocking inventory, operating forklifts, warehousing, filling chemical bottles and drums with appropriate chemicals.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Complete daily job assignments in a timely manner.
• Must show ability to understand verbal and written instructions, procedures and special projects.
• Materials, tools and equipment that will need to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Job duties may require the need to wear personal protective equipment such as latex or rubber gloves and respirators and safety eye wear.
• Duties will require frequent or sometimes continuous bending, reaching above shoulder level, standing, kneeling, squatting, sitting as well as the repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Will also require occasional crawling, walking, twisting and lying, and the climbing of stairs and ladders.
• Visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
• Must have a valid Washington driver’s license. Must also have a valid Class A CDL with medical card
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• U.S. Passport or Enhanced Driver License is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
• Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.