Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Designer II - Joinery|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Create joinery designs and drawings following standard engineering practice.
Essential Job Functions
• Create new and modify existing 3D models of parts and assemblies for marine joinery using the latest version of SolidWorks.
• Create new and modify existing part, assembly and installation drawings for final designs per ASME Y14.100 using latest version of SolidWorks or latest version of AutoCAD.
• Create new and modify existing 2D (AutoCAD) installations and arrangements.
• Create new and modify existing engineering Bill of Materials.
• Process engineering change orders (ECOs).
Additional Job Functions
• Attend meetings for project designs and department improvement.
• Work under direction and guidance of design lead, design manager and naval architects.
• Part and assembly models include but are not limited to wood, metal (various), solid surface, cabinet assemblies, and mechanical assemblies.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Ensure work areas are kept clean.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• 5+ years’ experience using parametric 3D modeling software (SolidWorks Preferred) designing/drafting architectural.
• Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.100.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing tools and procedures.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• High level of attention to detail.
• Able to work in both office and production atmospheres.
• Reliable and attentive and able to work in a team environment.
• Experience in both fiberglass and aluminum desired.
• Previous design experience at a shipyard a plus.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.