Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Designer II - Electrical Systems|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Create electrical designs and drawings following standard engineering practice.
Essential Job Functions
• Create new and modify existing 3D models of parts and assemblies for marine systems using the latest version of SolidWorks.
• Create new and modify existing part, assembly and installation drawings for final designs per ASME Y14.100 using latest version of SolidWorks or latest version of AutoCAD.
• Create new and modify existing 2D (AutoCAD) schematics, layouts and arrangements.
• Create new and modify existing engineering Bill of Materials.
• Process engineering change orders (ECOs).
• Working with and having general knowledge of AC/DC power systems (3-phase, transformers), Breaker coordination, Switch gear design, Control circuit design, PLC + HMI maintenance and development, Communication protocols (RS485, Canbus, ModBus RTU/TCP, RS232), Automation Direct PLC, Productivity PLCs, Direct LogicPLC, Controls, Commissioning and start up in field, AutoCAD, Load calculations and analysis, Digital and Analog IO systems, Panel/Enclosure layout, VFD configuration setup, Automation
• Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.100.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing tools and procedures.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Previous experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
• Knowledge of generators and power convertors.
• Knowledge of industrial motor controls
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.