Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||CNC Operator|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Operate CNC machines for repetitive manufacturing of parts per production schedule and supervisory instructions.
Essential Job Functions
• Read and interpret engineering drawings, prints, CNC cut sheets and nesting output sheets, to insure correct CNC Operation.
• Mark parts to facilitate secondary operations such as edge banding and horizontal boring.
• Evaluate, diagnose and correct faults due to errors and omissions in the Numerical Control programming.
• Perform set-ups including mounting and locating fixtures, setting tool lengths, and selecting appropriate cutting tools per engineering drawings.
• Follow basic maintenance routine, including machine lubrication, cleaning and/or replacing filters.
• Possess visual acuity to read precision measuring instruments such as: calipers, micrometers, height and depth gauges.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, twisting and occasional squatting, crawling and reaching above shoulder level.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat, respirator, and or hearing protection may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Participation in and successful completion of both the Westport CNC and CNC Operator Skills Training Program.
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Knowledge of CAD/CAM software and CNC part programming.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.