Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Insulation Installer/Mechanical Technician|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Apply insulating materials in order to help control and maintain temperature. Assemble, install and test hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, stabilizer and new and used oil systems in luxury yacht production.
Essential Job Functions
• Use a wide variety of hand and power tools such as saws, knives, scissors, wrenches, grinders, drills, levels, squares etc.
• Fit insulation around obstructions and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
• Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use.
• Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
• Apply, remove, and repair insulation, thermal and fire, on industrial and domestic equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, pipework and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
• Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
• Install major system components in the boat per design specifications.
• Connect system components using appropriate fittings, piping, tubing and hose.
• Secure systems to boat structure using a variety of fasteners and adhesive products.
• Test systems for freedom from leaks and proper operation.
• Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate PPE including hearing, eye and respiratory protection.
Additional Job Functions
• Maintain clean work area.
• Follow all Westport policies and safety rules.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Shop math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Ability to retain and utilize knowledge, methods, and techniques taught that are unique to our facilities/processes.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Previous experience insulation installation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
• Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.