Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Finish Carpenter|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Constructs, fits, repairs and installs structures, fixtures, flooring and cabinets in the boat per drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
Essential Job Functions
• Build, layout and/or install stairs, partitions, framing using marine adhesives, biscuit joinery, nails, staples and screws.
• Scribe, cut and shape materials and structures using hand, power and stationary tools.
• Fit and install pre-fabricated items including window frames, door jambs, doors and other trim and hardware pieces.
• Install insulation in ceilings, walls and other compartments.
• Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
• Apply and replace appropriate protective materials to finished surfaces.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• May be required to help in various departments as needed.
• Ability to function as a part of an effective team.
• Candidates for this job may be asked to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prefer 1 to 3 years experience doing like duties in similar environment.
• Skill in use of common carpentry tools.
• Prior experience in boat building industry.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.