Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Marine Carpenter|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Install fiberglass components in the boat.
Essential Job Functions
• Measure and cut fiberglass components per specifications.
• Grind, fit and install fiberglass components in the boat.
• Install windows and finished exterior hardware.
• Use bridge crane, chain hoist and other overhead lifting devices.
• Use marine adhesion products, caulking materials and solvents.
• Use a large variety of hand and stationary power tools.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 55 pounds.
• Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• All duties require frequent sitting, walking, standing, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, and the repetitive and fine manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, as well as occasional sitting and stair climbing.
• Candidates for this job may be asked to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prefer 1 to 3 years experience doing like duties in similar environment.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.