Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Finish Carpenter|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Constructs, fits, repairs and installs structures, fixtures, flooring and cabinets in the boat per drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Build, layout and/or install stairs, partitions, framing using marine adhesives, biscuit joinery, nails, staples and screws.
• Scribe, cut and shape materials and structures using hand, power and stationary tools.
• Fit and install pre-fabricated and pre-finished items including window frames, door jambs, doors and other trim and hardware pieces.
• Install insulation in ceilings, walls and other compartments as well as appliances and electronics.
• Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• 2-5 years carpentry experience.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.